Sales Director, LP-Gas Distributed Products
North Americas Sales Manager
Sales Manager, Europe and Middle East, LP-Gas Distributed Products
Regional Manager, Latin America
Explore LPG Products
Explore CNG Products
Explore SNG Products
Explore Specialty Gas Products
Explore LNG Products
TORREXX™ FM Dry Electric LPG Vaporizer
TORREXX™ fills the application niche where 3-phase power is available and eliminates the corrosion, evaporation and frequent ‘shut-downs’ associated with electric waterbaths.
TORREXX defines the industrial standard for dry electric LPG and NH3 vaporizers. A robust 135amp rated contactor provides power to the heating elements. The modular temperature controller allows easy maintenance or replacement. In the event of a “high liquid level occurrence,” our proprietary Liqui-Safe Valve™ prevents liquid LPG from passing downstream of the vaporizer. The valve provides visual indication of activation. This allows easy troubleshooting and assures the end user the device is functioning properly.
Set your mind at ease and deliver the reliability of LP-Gas that your customer expects with Algas-SDI’s latest electric vaporizer-the TORREXX! Designed with both the discriminating LP-Gas professional and end-user in mind, the TORREXX raises the bar in performance, safety, and reliability. Compact, highly efficient, and extremely durable, the TORREXX is poised to become the new industry standard for electric vaporizers.
- Proprietary Liqui-SAFE™ Valve positively prevents liquid carry-over and provides visual indication when tripped.
- Unsurpassed reliability through simplified and more robust controls; thermocouple temperature sensor, no start/stop switches to complicate field wiring.
- Heavy duty 135 amp contactor increases life, and reduces maintenance.
- Replaceable temperature controller with adjustable set point.
- Thermocouple temperature sensor increases life and reduces maintenance.
- Withstands momentary power interruptions without service disruption.
- Hazardous area classification – Class I, Division 1, and Zone 1.
- Dry electric design requires no water or glycol.
- 98% thermal efficiency.
- Operates on any LPG mixture from 100% propane to 100% butane.
- Perfect for any climate – rated to -40 F./ -40 C.
- Ready for operation in less than one minute.
- Optional economy operation valve – allows vaporizer use only when needed. Pressure activated. Can be field installed on any unit up to 160 GPH. No electricity required.
- 1.1 – 14.5 MMbtu
- 12.5 – 160 GPH
- 25 – 320 Kg/hr
The standard TORREXX is a single core, dry, electric vaporizer. No start/stop switches are used. When power is applied, the vaporizer is ON and ready for operation within seconds! Heating elements are cast “in-situ” in the aluminum core. Two thermocouples housed in a common sheath directly control normal operation and provide over-temperature protection. Operational set-points are factory set, however, field adjustments can be performed.
Fusible links installed in the Control System Housing provide additional over-temperature protection.
TORREXX is available in all common voltages. TORREXX™ FM explosion proof designs meet Class I, Division 1, Group D (per NFPA Pamphlet 70) requirements. Either design allows TORREXX to be installed adjacent to a tank or building with no minimum separation requirement.